mulletratio.com

i am 22 years old. i work at outback steakhouse in the infamous "villages," where i sell my soul regularly to retired senior citizens in the area for a good tip. i've written enough of these mini life stories to know that the basics, to you, are probably all that matter. nice to meet you.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

i'm sure anyone could relate

up until i was 14 or 15 i had this obsessive compulsive way of eating or chewing. i would split all food or gum in half and chew (what felt like) a perfect half of edible goodness on each side of my mouth.

i always wondered why i did this, but talking to melissa and other close friends has made me realize that it's all because of my grandmother.

when i was 4 she had to force me to eat. you'd never know this by looking at photos with my chubby face and belly. so she told me that there were two little birds in my belly and if i didn't eat, they didn't eat, so i better feed them. and i believed her! i started splitting all my bites in half, thinking that one half would go to one bird and the other half to it's mate. so for 10+ years i had this horrible habbit and didn't know why. i eventually broke the habit when i realized what the hell i was doing, but i didn't realize why exactly until recently.

so thanks, abuela.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   February 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]